Hello! I am so happy that you are here. I am passionate about the power of counseling to open us up to life in new ways, and would be honored to have the opportunity to work with you.
First, a bit about me, as a therapist:
My approach is built on a core belief that you are a self-healing being. Unfortunately, you and I both often find ourselves without the space and support that we need to fully process our experiences, to heal, and to grow, and we get a little stuck. As a therapist, I help you create more space in your life, build skills, and find support, to allow you to get unstuck and to “unfold” toward your inherent wholeness and health as a human being.
Some of my trainings and areas of expertise:
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) in the state of Colorado, LPC 0012205
- Certified Hakomi Therapist (CHT) (read more about the Hakomi Method)
- MA, Counseling Psychology, University of Colorado, Denver, with focus on clinical mental health and additional coursework in couples and family counseling, and multiculturalism.
- Intern at Noeticus Counseling Center and Training Institute in Denver
- Hakomi Method, graduate of 2-year comprehensive training, Hakomi Institute
- Hakomi Method, advanced training, Hakomi Institute
- EMDR, Basic, Maiberger Institute, an EMDRIA approved provider of EMDR Training
- EMDR, Advanced training in Somatic Interventions, Attachment, and working with children and adolescents
- Additional studies and supervision in Sexual & Relational Trauma and Healing
- PACT (Psychobiological Approach to Couples Therapy), Level 1
- DBT (Dialectical Behavior Therapy)
- Mindfulness Practice, including working with chronic pain & illness
- CBT (Cognitive Behavior Therapy)
- LGBTQ Ally
… And a bit about me, as a person:
I am a Colorado born-and-bred ‘mountain girl’ from Durango, and feel fortunate to live and work in such a beautiful, amazing state. I love the outdoors, and often bring aspects of its healing power into my work with clients. Creative and visual arts have had a strong influence on me as well, and when appropriate, I offer art as a way for you to explore and understand your experiences. I am passionate about the capacity for healing that therapy can offer and feel much gratitude to be able to do this work. I hope to make contact with you soon!